City update on weather response
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) - The City of Fort Wayne says they continue to respond to overseeing the clearing of debris and emergency situations.
Residents needing to drop off tree branches and limbs can take them to the City Biosolids Facility, 6202 Lake Avenue which will have extended hours until 8 p.m. tonight through Thursday. Fees will be waived through Sunday. The facility will be open on the weekdays from 8 a.m. with Friday and Saturday hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday hours from noon until 6 p.m.
Beginning Thursday morning, Republic Services will also be taking tree limbs and branches at their compost landfill site, 6231 MacBeth Road. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. Residents will have to scale into and out of the facility for tracking purposes with the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, the City says. Residents will not be charged for dropping off tree debris.
Cooling stations are open in the lobby of Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, 1100 South Calhoun Street, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. The Salvation Army, 2901 North Clinton Street, is also open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
Traffic signals are still out of service in many locations, the City says. Drivers should use caution in impacted areas and at all-way stops.
Traffic signals still out of service are:
- West Jefferson Boulevard in the Jefferson Pointe area;
- West Jefferson Boulevard and Getz Road;
- West Jefferson Boulevard and Covington Road;
- West Jefferson Boulevard and Aboite Center Road;
- West Jefferson Boulevard and Olde Canal Place;
- West Jefferson Boulevard and Mallard Cove Lane;
- Washington Boulevard and Hanna Street;
- Engle and Bluffton roads;
- Winchester and Bluffton roads;
- Sand Point and Bluffton roads;
- Old Trail and Bluffton roads;
- Lower Huntington and Bluffton roads;
- Old Trail and Lower Huntington roads;
- Airport Expressway and Bluffton Road;
- Engle Road and Ardmore Avenue;
- Taylor Street and Ardmore Avenue;
- Wallace and Hanna streets;
- Hanna and Buchanan streets;
- Smith and Pontiac streets;
- Pontiac and Hanna streets;
- Dartmouth Drive and Washington Center Road;
- Pontiac Street and McKinnie Avenue;
- Parnell and Spy Run avenues.
Copyright 2022 Fort Wayne’s NBC. All rights reserved.