Animal Care & Control plans pre-Black Friday sale
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) - Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control (FWACC) is reminding residents to “adopt, don’t shop” with an adoption sale ahead of the holidays.
FWACC says the sale will start at noon this Friday, Nov. 19, with the adoption center open until 8 p.m. at 3020 Hillegas Road.
Adoption fees for all cats, kittens, and pocket pets will be waived, and fees for dogs 6 months and older have been lowered to $25. The special will also run on Nov. 23 from noon - 5:30 and Nov. 24 from noon - 6 p.m., officials say. The shelter will be closed Nov. 25 and 26 for Thanksgiving.
The $25 adoption fee during the sale includes:
- First series distemper vaccine
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Donated health exam from an area veterinarian
- Heartworm tested
- First dose of flea treatment
- Small bag of food to get you and your pet started
- $50 certificate to be used toward working with a professional dog trainer
Shelter officials say adoptions are first-come, first-serve so they encourage people to arrive early. To be sure you can take your new furry friend home right away, the shelter says to follow these steps:
- If you have pets at home we will require that your dog(s) MEET the potential adoption dog so please come early so you can meet the animal and your dog can also meet their new friend!
- Bring in your entire family. Children 5 years of age and under will be required to meet the potential adoption animal.
- If you are adopting a cat or a small animal, no animal-to-animal interactions will be required.
They say you can also save time by filling out an application online before heading to the shelter. To see what pets are available for adoption or to learn more about the adoption process, visit fwacc.org.
Copyright 2021 Fort Wayne’s NBC. All rights reserved.