Family, dog escape house fire on city’s near northwest side Wednesday night
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) - Fire crews with the Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1900 block of 3rd Street around 7:40 p.m. Wednesday.
That’s on the city’s near northwest side not from from the University of Saint Francis campus.
Investigators tell Fort Wayne’s NBC News that 2 members of a family and their dog were inside, and they all got out of the house safely and were checked out by paramedics at the scene.
24 firefighters from 5 different stations responded to the fire and fought heavy flames and smoke.
Investigators say they don’t have any idea what may have sparked the fire but are investigating to find out.
Copyright 2021 Fort Wayne’s NBC. All rights reserved.